Sunday 23 November 2014

Muse Challenge #94

Good Evening!

This is my entry to the Muse Challenge #94.

This is my second post for today but I want to participate to the Muse Challenge #94 and it closes tomorrow. I wanted to do this tomorrow but I may not have the time. The inspiration card is seen below. It was really fun - I was inspired by the bright colours and the balloons of course. I don't have those word dies but since Marion used die cutting I wanted to add it also into my card. So this is my outcome.

The stamp is from Mama Elephant's Up and Away set and the balloon is by Marianne Design. I used Memento Cantaloupe and Lulu Lavender and Spung Sugar Distress Ink on the background. The sentiment is from Purple Onion Designs.

Here is the close-up where the technique I used is seen better. I apologise the unevenness on the balloon's glossy accents. My daughter got it on her hands before it was completely dry. Things happen...


Here is the inspiration card by Marion Vagg:



Thank you for taking the time to come and see my card! Always pleased to here what you think! Have a wonderful day!

Marika

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun take on Marion's card! I love your die cuts and your fluffy clouds are amazing! Awesome card, Marika!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is cute! I love the background! I have Memento inks but never use them to blend, I will definitely be trying this! Is that a cloud stencil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment! That cloud is actually a die from Leane Creatief Design, I die cut post-it paper and used it as a stencil. Worked fine for one card, but nothing more. :) I've used Mementos many times for the backgrounds, I like them since they give me less vibrant colour for it. Please, try it! Tell me what you think! Hopefully this message reaches you.

      Delete
  3. This is adorable! I love the drama of the clouds and the popped up balloon! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so cute! Your cloud bank is a-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first card I've seen that isn't almost an exact replica of the MUSE card. Kudos to you!! Your clouds are gorgeous and the little guy is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete